Saturday 12 July 2014

Come Play With Me: Wing It Out

My dear friend, Monique, asked me choose the next theme for the Come Play With Me series. I thought long and hard about this one as I didn’t really want to use some generic, cliché challenge. I finally decided to settle on the Wing It Out theme, so basically creating your best or go-to winged eyeliner look. I will be honest, I suck at winging out eyeliner and don't wear it often but I thought everyone else might like to join in and, I may as well practice and push the limits.

I firstly applied my everyday natural look, which you can find here, and added a bit of a nude/natural colour to my eyes on top of an eyelid primer from Elf. The colours I used were from the W7 Naked Nudes palette which I bought from Chemist Warehouse for $5! Also, obviously there is only 4 colours but I needed more natural toned eyeshadows so it was a bargain. The pigment is mediocre, and you have to really layer the colour to get a good build up. I applied this with my Real Techniques Domed Shadow Brush. 


The eyeliner I used to create my winged look is the Gorgeous Cosmetics Felt tip Liner, which is honestly the best product I have ever purchased. It makes the neatest line and is a product that is perfect for beginners, like myself. To finish it off I used the Plush mascara from Maybelline, an Essence Kajal white eyeliner on my lower waterline and filled in my eyebrows using the Elf eyebrow kit - which is also a product that I swear by! (After a second look at my eyebrows I think that the colour may be a bit too dark, what do you think?


I'm sorry that this weeks post is super late, but everything will be back to normal schedule on Monday, however, I might have to change the day in a few weeks because Monday is now a uni day and a tafe night so we will see how it goes.

monnii
xx

4 comments

  1. Yay! You look gorgeous and I'm so glad you picked a theme. I got back from Gladstone today so internet was limited (sorry for the late reply) but ill get right onto it and attempt it tomorrow! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great theme! I am so going to give it a go. It will certainly be a challenge for me as I'm not so great at winged eye liner. Love your totally wearable version :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look you've created monnii, and I'm up for the challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's mine hon:
      http://katscolourings.blogspot.com.au/2014/07/come-play-with-me-wing-it-out.html

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© monniiblogs. Design by Fearne.