Wednesday 12 October 2016

5 Beauty Products You Didn't Know You Needed

As I'm sure you can tell from the title, I thought I'd give a little run down on the top 5 beauty products that you didn't know you needed. Of course plenty of bloggers have put these kind of lists out there but why not add to the already long list and give you my own little insight.


Micellar Water

This stuff is absolutely amazing! I'm sure you have all heard of Micellar water by now, and a lot of brands are releasing this. It removes makeup effortlessly - everyone needs it. I use the Garnier version and find that it works really well and it's affordable. However, I have heard good things about the Bioderma one as well which I definitely think I will try out sometime, although it is a little pricey.




A good, everyday Moisturiser

I can not stress this one enough, everyone NEEDS a moisturiser. I didn't bother with a night and moisturiser until just recently so I suggest getting a good one. I have been using the Dove Everyday Moisturiser for over two years now and I love it. I use it day and night, and it gives my skin the extra hydration it needs. I've recently been trying out the Neutrogena Hydra boost night cream and it's just as good, but like I said you definitely don't need two seperate moisturisers, unless you are a skincare fanatic and there is nothing wrong with that!


Mascara Wand or Spoolie

This is a kind of weird one but hear me out, I use my clean mascara wand everyday. I brush through my eyebrows and lashes of a morning and night, I use it when filling in my brows and they even work well for any fly away hairs - if you give them a little spray with hairspray first. Honestly, they are so cheap and I can guarantee you will use it daily. Have you seen the latest Soap Brows trend? If you haven't you really need to get onto it, Pixiwoo made a video about it followed by Samantha from Batalash and Jamie - so stock up on some spoolies! Also, combing your eyebrows helps them grow the way you want them to grow, so brush those front hairs upwards and brush the tail hairs out and make it a regular thing. 

A good Eyeshadow Palette

This one is pretty broad and it is meant to be! Find a palette with colours that you love and will wear, whether it be a high end palette or drugstore one. Personally my go to palette is the Too Faced Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar, although everyone raves about the Morphe palettes I am yet to try them out. Get a palette that is versatile, in a sense that it provides dark shades as well as light, subtle tones - maybe even a few shimmer or glitter shadows. Having a palette with darker shades means you can use them as a subtle liner or use lighter shades to even highlight your face. Too Faced, Tarte, Urban Decay, Stila, NYX, Zoeva and even Essence have some great palettes that are worth checking out and are all really great quality.

Loose Powder

This one might be a little obvious I think it is a staple makeup product that everyone needs! It is perfect for setting your makeup and for baking under your eyes or where you may get fine lines. It took me a while to get into this trend but it is amazing and leaves a beautiful finish to the skin. I find it works best with a sponge as you can really pat the product on and press it into the skin. Another great use for this is to apply a layer under your eyes whilst applying eyeshadow, that way any fallout will land on the powder and you'll be able to brush it away with out smudging your makeup.


I suppose a few of these are quite obvious but hopefully you'll start using some of these things or maybe you already do. If you have any other suggestions let me know.

Also, what is everyone doing for Halloween? Any tutorials you are loving at the moment?


10 comments

  1. Definitely agree that spoolies are unsung heroes of the beauty world! I use one for brushing up my eyebrows and it makes such a difference! xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Garnier micellar water is just amazing 💜

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Garnier micellar water is just amazing 💜

    ReplyDelete
  4. Retinol cream for acne This is my first time visit to your blog and I am very interested in the articles that you serve. Provide enough knowledge for me. Thank you for sharing useful and don't forget, keep sharing useful info:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Med spa in pittsburgh Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Friend, this web site might be fabolous, i just like it. cruelty free marketplace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info. Buy careprost online paypal

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made such an interesting piece to read, giving every subject enlightenment for us to gain knowledge. Thanks for sharing the such information with us to read this... Glownar

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really I enjoy your site with effective and useful information. It is included very nice post with a lot of our resources.thanks for share. i enjoy this post. Eflora cream

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© monniiblogs. Design by Fearne.