Wednesday 5 October 2016

Must Have Beauty Products for When You Are Travelling


I don't know about you guys, but I love packing up my things and going away for a few days. It really helps me to relax and clear my head which is awesome for when I finally get back home. However, I struggle when it comes to packing my makeup. I get a little carried away and want to take everything because I think that I'm going to use it all. Let me tell you, I hardly touch my makeup! If you struggle, like me, then let me share with you the essential items that I pack.

I'll be honest, it takes me a pretty long time to decide what I want to pack, but as long as my base, eyes and lips are covered then I am fine. I try to pack as many universal items as possible and it doesn't necessarily go to plan. 

I pack my makeup into this lovely hot pink Victoria's Secret bag, it is quite large so it definitely fits everything in it, even my brushes!!


When it comes to knowing what foundation to pack, I tend to stick to one that is hydrating and not too heavy. Personally I like to stick to the Too Faced Born This Way foundation mainly because I know it doesn't look cakey on my face and blends really easily (minimal effort!). As it has quite a lot of coverage I feel like this cancels out the need for concealer, but I'm a little extra so of course I pack my concealer.

The Maybelline Age Rewind concealer is perfect! What I love most about this concealer is the sponge applicator, it's such a novelty, but it really does make the application process a breeze! I use the lightest shade in the range and it's perfect for concealer but also highlighting - so I don't need an extra brightening powder.

I love packing a matte setting powder, so I always take the Rimmel Clear Complexion powder in Translucent, and for bronzing and blush I pack my ELF Blush Palette. It provides 4 shades, and the darker bronze shade is great for contouring or bronzing - depending how much makeup you wanting to apply. I love the bright pink blush in this palette, as it provides a natural glow to the cheeks.


Another awesome palette I can't leave home without is the Too Faced Natural Matte eyeshadow palette. It has all the shades you could possibly need for a subtle eye or even switching it up for a night time look. I also love packing a waterproof mascara, like the Too Faced Better Than Sex waterproof mascara. Lastly to complete my eye products, I always pack a good eyeliner. Nothing beats having a perfect base and a nice winged liner for lazy days. The Kat Von D Tattoo Liner is my favourite eyeliner.


I don't like having to go into a big brow routine while I'm away because that is just too much effort for my holidays! I use my NYX Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Brown and it perfectly outlines my brows and gives them excellent definition. Another thing I don't like to go all out with is lip products. I could pack so many liquid lipsticks and lipsticks it's unbelievable, this is also coming from someone who NEVER wore lipstick. This L'Oreal Matte Lip Cream in 001 Silencio is a subtle pink nude that goes with absolutely everything. It isn't a very bold colour and isn't too matte either, I love this. It's like my natural lip colour but better.



When it comes to makeup brushes, I like to keep it pretty simple and only pack basics and multi use brushes.  The gold handle brushes are from Jessup Brushes and are my favourite brushes ever! I pack the powder brush, buffing brush and blush brush, these three are all I need. Lastly, the small dual ended eyeshadow brush from Models Prefer is all I need for my eyeshadow.

What are your must have essentials for when you travel? Are they as extravagant as mine haha!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© monniiblogs. Design by Fearne.