Tuesday 25 October 2016

Study Tips and Must Haves for University Students

It's been a while since I have actually studied but I've just gone back to college and thought I'd share some of my study tips with you all. I've just started my Diploma of Beauty Therapy and after not being at uni for more than 12 months it took me a few weeks to get back into the swing of things and these tips definitely would've helped me out a bit, or at least have been a stepping stone to get back into it.  

 

Firstly, a diary is a must have. I love ones that have a day per page mainly because I like to document everything from class times to due dates and any other important assessment dates. I love the ones from Typo, like this 2016/2017 diary that I picked up before I started. I really love the glittery, rose gold cover and having a hard back diary is a must have.




I also love having a simple notebook, like the one in the top photo from Typo, an added bonus - it has a hard back, so it's not going to get damaged and the white and gold detail makes it really stand out. I've only had one class this semester, so it's been really easy to track my notes but keep reading to see how I usually seperate my class notes. I love just having one notebook mainly because I hate having to keep track of multiple books and running the risk of losing anything, but thats just what I prefer.

Get into a routine!! It sounds super easy and it is so important, I've made it a priority to do all my readings as soon as they are released and, as I am an external student, I listen to my lectures as soon as possible. I also try to start any assessments when they're available and set aside one afternoon or morning through the week to just revise notes or do any extra homework or assessment that needs to be completed. Once you've established your routine it makes studying so much easier and you can get all your work done.


I'm quite a visual learner so it helps for me to use different colours for different topics and subjects. Remember how I mentioned that I only use one notebook, well this is how I previously separated my classes. Setting aside one colour per subject is what works best for me, and as I recently purchased these highlighters and fine tip pens I can keep colour groups together for my subjects. Even in my diary I use the corresponding class colours - it makes tracking assessment and important dates so much easier

Lastly, you need to know when to take a break. I know a lot of people can start to lose focus and get side tracked when you've been studying too much, and if you're like me you just want to get all over and done with in one hit, but I have found that taking a break when you're half way through your work is actually quite motivating. I usually have a list of what needs to get done and then set a point where I can take a break, knowing that I'll get to have a snack or coffee half way through really makes me get to work and then it's easier to finish off the rest of the work after your break anyways.

I really hope these tips help you, whether you are looking to change your study habits or just going back to study as well.

What are your study tips and must haves?

 photo monnii_1_zpshopobw1l.png
bloglovin || twitter || instagram || pinterest || facebook

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© monniiblogs. Design by Fearne.