Tuesday 18 October 2016

Spring Makeup Look

I can't believe how quickly we've flown through this year! We are in Spring already! I really wanted to provide you all with another makeup look, typical me as I haven't posted any in quite a while. You don't usually see Spring inspired makeup looks, as it's just gone Autumn in the Northern Hemisphere - let's be real everyone loves Autumnal colours, so I thought I'd look around and try and pull something together for you.

I've been scouring through Pinterest day and night to try and find some spring inspired makeup looks. I honestly have found a gorgeous colour palette that I'm surprised there isn't more makeup looks like this. So many beautiful colours come out around spring time that I couldn't help but to try them all out. I was also inspired by Kasey Rayton's Dirty Peach tutorial which you can see here.


Of course, during Spring time all the beautiful flowers are blossoming again, but we still have nice cool, dewy mornings - this has given me something to work with! Dewy, bronzed skin and bright coral and peachy colours with a few faux freckles, and I really liked how it turned out.

I should've known that I'd be reaching for this palette, it has the perfect colours for Spring, the Too Faced Sweet Peach palette. I have swatches available here so you can see which colours I'm using. I kind of cheated a little, but I put tape down so that I have a sharper line on the out portion of my eye and primed my eyes using a concealer. Once I blended that out I set it with White Peach and blended it up towards my brow.


As a transition shade I used Georgia which is a really nice muted pink nude shade, so I blended that through the crease and slightly upwards as well before going in with Just Peachy. I used Just Peachy on the outer portion of my eye and blended it in through the crease as well. I almost left it at that but the colour wasn't as intense as I wanted it to be so I used Candied Peach which has a bit of silver glitter through it. I focused this on the out portion only and what ever was left on my brush after that I dragged through the crease as well.


The lid was left blank so that the winged liner could be slightly thicker and wouldn't disrupt the colours. I used the Kat Von D tattoo liner in Trooper to create a wing and also slightly lined under the outer corner of my eye. I used a flat definer brush to pick up some NYX Milk cream shadow stick and used it in my waterline. I also filled in my brows using the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow pomade in light brown.


I left the eye makeup there while I did the rest of my makeup. I recently picked up a few Australis products and really wanted to try them out, so I used the Australia Primer and the Oh2Glow foundation for a glowy base. Using the Maybelline Age Rewind concealer under my eyes and to highlight the bridge of my nose, forehead and chin and set that with my Rimmel Clear Complexion powder in Translucent.


I used the Cream Contour from Australis and using the middle shade I lightly contoured my cheek bones and forehead and blended that in with the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion sponge. I then went over that with the Rimmel Natural Bronze bronzer and also lightly on my nose, cheeks and forehead. For the faux freckles I used the darker shade from the Australis cream contour kit on a tiny liner brush, once they were on I used the Real Techniques sponge again to blend them out a little.


For blush I used the light pink shade from this ELF Blush palette and it added a nice flush to the cheeks and also on the tip of my nose. For a light highlight, I used the Urban Decay Naked Illuminated on the tops of my cheek bones, nose and upper lip. I love this highlight cause it's a beautiful glitter that really adds a glow to the face.


To finish off the eye makeup I took a mix of Just Peachy and Candied Peach on a pencil brush and took it along the outer corner of my lower lash line and blended it out. For mascara I used the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara and coated the top and bottom lashes - I'm really proud of myself because the mascara didn't smudge at all!


To complete the entire look I used the Kylie Lip kit in KoKo K, it's a gorgeous pink nude shade that I am absolutely loving at the moment. I really loved this look and I also thought the fake septum ring really tied it all together.

What are your favourite makeup items to use during the change of seasons?

 photo monnii_1_zpshopobw1l.png
bloglovin || twitter || instagram || pinterest || facebook

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© monniiblogs. Design by Fearne.