Monday 10 October 2016

Makeup Spring Clean

Well, I guess it's finally time for a spring theme post ;P I'm not the biggest fan of spring, but hey, it's better than summer. What better way to spend this season, than to clean out my makeup drawers, a Makeup Spring Clean if you will! I'll be honest, I'm a bit of a makeup hoarder so you can guarantee that I'm not going throw anything out. I'd much rather share some of the products that have found their way to the back of my makeup desk and ones that I don't often reach for with all of you.


Let's first address my makeup desk situation - all my brushes and most used makeup products are on my desk, in the drawer underneath there is quite a few palettes that I don't touch and have just managed to hoard for quite a while and then in the side compartment is a set of drawers that have any extra items that I don't reach for often enough for them to be sitting on the desk.

This post could get very long pretty quickly so I will only share a few items from each area and give a little background info on each item. They are all mostly drugstore items, as I have updated a lot of my makeup with high end products, but they are still great products nonetheless.


If you haven't heard of the brand W7, where have you been? They are a drugstore brand here in Australia that you can find at Chemist Warehouse and they have some great products, the most common is there Naked palette dupes. This palette is their nude basics eyeshadow quad, I didn't use it very much as I had other Essence palettes but I loved the basic shades it has, perfect for beginners.

I think almost every person had the Maybelline Baby Lips lip balm, and I still use mind but these were right at the bottom of my drawer. One of them is the tinted lip balm which I used all the time cause I was way too scared to use lipstick, and the other is just their lip balm which is actually empty.

Another lip product that was down there was this Hollister lip gloss, I used to use this everyday without fail. Like I said, I don't reach for these products as I just use lipsticks now and prefer a matte finish compared to gloss. Still an awesome lip gloss though and it smells amazing.



The beloved Maybelline Colossal mascara, I think everyone had this one as well. I don't have too much to say about this one, it just sits with all my mascaras and I find that my newer ones are just better. 

When I first found out that filling in your brows was a thing, I bought this Elf eyebrow kit. I'll be honest, this is still a really great product and super affordable but for some reason I was put off the gel and started using pencils or crayons more.

Another W7 product, is this blush and bronzer duo. This was absolutely my go to when I first started properly doing my makeup about 2 years ago. The pink shade is very subtle and I was super into the subtle look back then.


I don't think I've mentioned many Gorgeous Cosmetics products on my blog but this foundation used to be my holy grail. I think I would've been through like 3 of these bottles and it is a great product. I stopped using it because it started to look patchy on my skin and was oxidising, I'm not sure if it's because it's an old product or not but I'm going to try it out again for sure.

Another foundation that I used to love was the L'Oreal Nude Magique foundation. I actually did a review on this product that you can read here

I feel like people still love this product, the Maybelline Dream Pure BB cream. I haven't used this BB cream in so long. It doesn't go very well with my oily skin, even though it's for oil skin it still started to separate on my skin which is a massive turn off for me. I guess that's why it's at the bottom of my desk.


You're probably wondering why I'm including lipsticks when I previously mentioned that I never wore them but these were some of the first lip products I bought. The Australis lipstick in Preppy and the NYX Soft Matte lip cream in Milan (I think). These are both products that I still love just haven't been reaching for them. I think it's about time I do a little lip product rotation so I can get back to using these again.

This still turned into a long post, and I've actually realised how many products I used to love that I don't even use or think about anymore. I definitely recommend you go through your hardly used makeup, I really think I'll start using some of these products again.

Do you see any products that you still love?

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© monniiblogs. Design by Fearne.