Wednesday 19 August 2015

Estée Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Mascara Review

As I was walking through the shops the other day I saw the Marie Claire Australia magazine - mind you I am always on the look out for magazines that come with freebies - and noticed the gorgeously packaged mascara tube and without hesitation I put that magazine in my basket. When I actually got home I realised it was an Estée Lauder Mascara!

How gorgeous is this tube though?! This mascara retails in Australia at $52 and I got it for $9.99 plus a magazine - I was in shock. The tube says it is a Lash Multiplying Volume mascara and once I tried it out for myself it definitely added extra volume. My lashes are already quite blonde/short so I need a good mascara that's going to define them and give them that extra volume.

I applied it to both my top and bottom lashes and it works well for both. The formula is also pretty good, it isn't too sticky or runny which is always good. The wand is excellent - I love the shape of this wand and how it slightly tapers toward the end which makes it good to get to the root of the lashes. In the picture below, the top image is the mascara on both eyes and the middle one shows the mascara on the left with bare lashes on the right. This formula doesn't clump which is always a benefit of a good mascara and the wand acts like a great comb when applying the mascara as well. 

The only negative thing that comes to mind is that when I washed it off it left black smudges under my eyes - but in all honesty most mascara does that anyways.



Pros: Doesn't clump, adds volume, thickens lashes, brush also acts as a comb
Cons: Smudges when wet

Have you tried this mascara before?
Which is your favourite mascara?


Pinterest: monniixx
Twitter: @makeupwmonnii
Instagram: @monniiblogsmakeup
Facebook: /makeupbymonnii

I post twice a week - Monday and Wednesday!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© monniiblogs. Design by Fearne.