Wednesday 26 August 2015

Lush Cupcake Face Mask Review

Oh yay! More chocolate themed products - who can reject chocolate products, especially when you can smell them whilst using them - or smearing it all over your face like this face mask from Lush.

I'll admit, I have had this mask sitting in my fridge for a while and definitely thought it was time to try it out as I had been experiencing slightly more oilier skin lately. As the small pot claims to absorb excess oil and calm breakouts I thought it would probably help my current situation. Apart from the soothing ingredients like cocoa butter, it feels amazing on your face if you use it after it's been refrigerated as the cool mask feels amazing on your skin. 



So, I put the mask straight on my face, after smelling it a few times, and applied a generous layer over my face avoiding my eye area and let sit for 10-15 minutes. The pot says 5-10 but the mask wasn't fully dry within that time so I left it longer - to be honest, I was going to add a photo of the mask but unfortunately it looks like I smeared mud and crap all over my face and it just wasn't a flattering photo at all! Obviously no one will see you when you have this mask on, and if they do then I'm sure they will want to join you.

I washed it off with warm water and it washed away very easily - no harsh scrubbing or anything. Through the day I noticed less oil in the usual T-zone which is great cause it meant my makeup didn't slide around as much as it usually does, and my skin was looking a lot calmer. I don't get many breakouts in my T-zone - just oiliness - so I can't really tell if it calmed breakouts like it claims but I can definitely vouch that it does calm your skin. I still have quite a lot of product left so I'll definitely get a few more masks out of it - so it is great value for money.

Have you used this mask?
What other Lush products do you recommend?


Pinterest: monniixx
Twitter: @makeupwmonnii
Instagram: @monniiblogsmakeup
Facebook: /makeupbymonnii

I post twice a week - Monday and Wednesday!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© monniiblogs. Design by Fearne.