Monday 17 August 2015

Hair care Routine

I thought it might have been time to change things up a bit and post about my hair care products and what I use regularly. I don't use any high end products on my hair - mainly cause I find that they work well with my hair and don't cause any problems and help maintain my colour as well.


These are all the products I use on my hair (excluding my hair dryer which was packed away) they are mostly from the same Schwarzkopf Marrakesh Oil and Coconut range that you can buy at most supermarkets here in Australia and Priceline. I'll list the products from left to right and just give a basic low-down on when I use it and how.

V05 Plump It Up Dry Shampoo
I only use dry shampoo on the days between washing my hair and mainly at the roots. A few hours before I go out I will apply it to my hair so it has time to soak up any oils - I have also read that you can do it the night before so I'm going to start trying that out as well. 

Schwarzkopf Marrakesh Oil and Coconut Shampoo and Conditioner
I try to wash my hair as less as possible - it can usually last 3-4 days, although if I have a busy week I will wash it more often. I shampoo twice and condition once - leaving the conditioner on the ends for at least a minute before washing it out. 

Schwarzkopf Hair Repair Daily Oil Elixir
After washing my hair, I squeeze out any excess water and towel dry my hair then apply the oil. I warm it up on my fingertips first and then just rub it into the ends of my hair before blow-drying. After I dry my hair I usually always have flyaway bits at the top of my hair so I use a little bit to just smooth them down. 

Schwarzkopf Hair Repair Anti-Damage Mask
I use the mask once a week. This is a wash out mask so after conditioning I apply this to my hair - after squeezing out excess water - from roots to the ends and leave it on for a few minutes. I usually clip my hair up while I let the mask sit in my hair too.

Extras: GHD Straightener, Elastic hair ties and Lady Jayne Tangleze

I have a few tips to let you all in on as well -
  • Use a smaller amount of shampoo and lather it in your palms first - it will clean your hair better
  • Only apply conditioner to the ends of your hair - I stick to the hair that starts just below my ear
  • Warm up any hair oils on your hands first, it will work a lot better
  • Apply a hair mask to damp hair - make sure it isn't soaking wet or you won't benefit from it
  • Try not to massage the oil too close to your scalp or you will get oily roots
  • Try and use the soft elastic hair ties - they won't damage your hair as much

Do you have any other hair car tips?
Let me know down below in the comments.



Pinterest: monniixx
Twitter: @makeupwmonnii
Instagram: @monniiblogsmakeup
Facebook: /makeupbymonnii

I post twice a week - Monday and Wednesday!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© monniiblogs. Design by Fearne.