Thursday 10 December 2015

Melted Too Faced Liquid Lipstick Review

Okay, so it's coming up to Christmas and I thought I'd go into Mecca and treat myself a few weeks ago and this is one of the products that I came out with. The Liquid Too Faced Liquified Lipstick set was at the top of my list when I noticed that Mecca had Christmas sets.


Keep reading to see swatches and to find out which one is my favourite!


I want to start by saying that I was pretty hesitant about this set mainly because I didn't know how much use I could get out of some of the colours or if they would even suit me, however I accepted the challenge and bought it anyways!

As you can tell, the set comes with 4 5mL liquid lipsticks, two original shades and two new metallics. I bought this set from Mecca for $37 - which I think is a reasonable price for 4 liquid lipsticks, especially for a Too Faced set.

As you can see by the swatches on the left, the top two are the original shades; Chihuahua - which is a nice pinkish nude and Berry which is, well, a rich berry colour that seems to be a pretty popular shade at the moment. The bottom two, however, are the new metallic colours. The swatches show up pretty translucent but when applied to the lips actually shows up very well. Metallic Peony is a light, shimmery pink shade whilst Metallic Macaron is a gorgeous sparkling hot pink/fuchsia colour.

My favourite from this set would have to be Chihuahua. I never expected to like the shade as I don't usually opt for nude colours, however this is the perfect nude shade for me. I even keep it in my handbag I love it that much. It has an intense colour pay-off which is a massive bonus and means that a little goes a long way. I also found that it lasted a very long time during the day, even with the Australian heat.

Overall, the formula of these is very smooth and creamy - which is great for application as well. I should also mention the applicator on the tubes is by far the best. It's a velvet tip and applies the product perfectly and evenly. I think this set would be perfect for a Christmas present, you can gift them individually or as the whole set.


Have you tried any of the liquified lipsticks by Too Faced? 
Let me know what you think 


Pinterest: monniixx
Twitter: @makeupwmonnii
Instagram: @monniiblogsmakeup
Facebook: /makeupbymonnii

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© monniiblogs. Design by Fearne.