Sunday 12 March 2017

Over Hyped Beauty Products?!

I'll admit, I've seen a few of these kind of posts/videos going around lately and thought I'd write about the products I use that can be a little over hyped. I feel like this post could be a little controversial but I do like most of these products so I'm definitely not bagging on them! Let's be real, I bought a lot of these because they were talked about so much, so I've provided a mini review and my opinion on whether they are worth the hype or not.


Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade $32
I think it's pretty fair to say that this product is over hyped WAY too much. Yeah I think it is a great product but it can take some time to get used to. Personally, I think there are better brow products available but when this brow pomade was released it was the first kind of brow pomade to be on the market, so I do think people rushed to try it out and it got a lot of hype. As long as you're light handed with the product you can get amazing results with it, but it's quite easy to go overboard.

Is It Worth the Hype?
Absolutely, I would buy it over and over again.


Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation $49
This is actually a product I have mixed reviews on. It is super full coverage, which is why I think it got a lot of hype when it was released, plus it has so many shades in the range it is easy to get a good match. It's quite a thick product which I think is what I struggle with, it looks super patchy on me so I'm not sure if it is really worth it however, some people are able to make it work.

Is It Worth the Hype?
Personally, no. I didn't like it, and I didn't understand the hype behind the product at all.


RCMA No-Color Powder $27
Everyone knows this product is talked about by everyone in the beauty industry and seems to be a staple for a lot of beauty influencers and makeup artists. I have only recently jumped on the bandwagon and I was literally in aw of this product. It's a super lightweight setting powder and I do think it is something you need in your makeup bag.

Is It Worth the Hype?
Yes. If you need a setting powder, get this one. 100% worth it.


Nars Laguna Bronzer $58
Just a little disclaimer first of all, the Laguna bronzer I have is part of the Hot Sand/Laguna duo, so it isn't a full sized product. Okay, with that out of the way the product itself is actually really nice. When I first started to get into makeup the one product I would hear about ALL the time is the Nars Laguna Bronzer and it has taken me around 4-5 years to actually get it. I do think it is a product that is hyped within the beauty industry but it's a lovely bronzer and adds the right amount of warmth to your face.

Is It Worth the Hype?
I think it is. I will probably end up buying the full size product once this has run out.


Kat Von D Tattoo Liner $28
Another Kat Von D product that is constantly talked about on YouTube, Instagram and the rest of the blogging community. If you've been reading my posts for a while you are probably already aware that I love this product. It is one of the main eyeliner products that I reach for on the reg.

Is It Worth the Hype?
I'm sure you know what I'm going to say but yes, it's worth all the hype.


IT Cosmetics CC Cream $58
This product is quite a new foundation that I thought was talked about a lot mainly due to it being lightweight but provides full coverage. It is a Colour Correcting cream and there isn't too many of these types of products on the market, so the hype probably was due to that. It also has SPF 50+ which is super important for a foundation. Personally I think it can be a little oily on my skin but I'm still trying to work with it as I love the coverage it provides.

Is It Worth the Hype?
I'm on the fence. Personally, I don't think it is amazing but definitely worth having in your collection.


L'Oreal Infallible Matte Foundation $29.95
Don't lie to yourself about this one, it was super over hyped! So over hyped, that I had to buy 2 of them. Do I love it, not really. Although it is a matte formula, I feel like it gets oily on my skin but keep in mind I do have oily skin. They shade range isn't that great, I use the lightest shade and it is still dark and not to mention that it does oxidise through the day.

Is It Worth the Hype?
Not really. There's so many better matte formula foundations that are available.


Kylie Cosmetics Lip Kits $29USD
You and I both know that this was super hyped and I can totally understand why. Of course I had to try them out, even though shipping costs are ridiculous and in the end probably wasn't worth it, I still had to get something. I bought the KoKo K and Exposed lip kits and wasn't too impressed to be completely honest. They can be quite sticky and tend to crack and fall apart once they are dry, so I don't see why everyone rushes to buy them. In all honesty, they could have changed formulas since I purchased mine so I will probably have to check another colour and see how they compare.

Is It Worth the Hype?
Nope. They are fine, but way too over hyped for what they actually are.

Tarte Tarteist Clay Paint Liner $33
Okay, final product. I had been dying to get my hands on this liner by Tarte as I had heard so many great things about it, and also because I love Tarte products. I love how it comes with a liner brush, it makes application so much easier and it's kinda cool being a little squeezie tube kinda thing. The only problem I have with this is, it is hard to get product out I have to squeeze the tube for ages before I get anything. Also you have to go over your lines so much for it to be pigmented, which can be quite frustrating when you just wanna do your liner and go.

Is It Worth the Hype?
I'm going to say yes, mainly because it is a good product.


This was a bit of a different post to what I'm usually used to but hopefully you enjoyed my little review. I say this at the end of almost every post but I'm really hoping to get back into a schedule over the next few weeks so let me know what kind of posts you'd like to see in the future!

Let me know what you think of these products and if you believe if they are over hyped or not?


 photo monnii_1_zpshopobw1l.png
bloglovin || twitter || instagram || pinterest || facebook

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© monniiblogs. Design by Fearne.