Monday 16 June 2014

How Low Can You Go Challenge

Yeah, you read that right, a challenge! My friend Monique (yep, we have the same name too) came up with this challenge and basically you just have to try and use a little products as possible to create an ideal look. For today, I had to go to work this afternoon so I tried to make my makeup as good as possible with few products. I usually use between 7-12 products when I get ready for work, so this challenge was definitely challenging. I ended up getting down to 4 basic products that created a look suitable enough for work. So I will run through the products and briefly explain how I use them.
So obviously, left photo is before and right photo is after. (I'm not usually one to post a no-makeup photo so you're all pretty lucky)


Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream (For Oily Skin - Light) This is one of my favourite products and it works as a primer as well so it minimises my pores and gives my skin a bit more of an even colour and gets rid of the redness (Thank god!). Plus, it has added salicylic acid which helps minimise break-outs so it's a good product, I buy it all the time!

Savvy concealer (01 Light) I'm not a real fan of stick concealers because the coverage with them isn't that good but at the moment, it's the only concealer I have so I melt it a bit with my hair dryer before applying and it works pretty well. It covers a bit of the under eye darkness and covers some blemishes, however, it creases under my eyes and I'm not sure if that is because I don't have primer or not. The creasing isn't really obvious so I was fine with it today.

Maybelline FitMe! Pressed Powder (Ivory) Love this powder! As you can see in the photos I'm getting to pan which is disappointing, but it's a good powder so I will have to go out and buy another one soon. It sets my make up perfectly so it finished my base really well.

Maybelline Mega Plush Volume Express Favourite. Mascara. Ever. You can't see it in the photo above but it makes my eyelashes look long and, well, volumised (obviously, that's the point of the mascara). This mascara is a bit old though so I will have to go out and buy a new one, but it separates my eyelashes and just kind of makes my eyes a little more bolder.

My makeup lasted the night at work so I guess that is a bonus but I don't think I will keep this as my routine because I usually need my makeup to last the day when I'm at uni and I didn't use my translucent powder to set it overall. Also, no eyebrows, and they look a little lop-sided without filling them in. This post made me look like a bit of a Maybelline whore, but I just really like their products as a cheaper alternative to the usual makeup I buy.

If you do this challenge let me know and also check out Monique's blog (:

monnii
xx

1 comment

  1. Yay so glad you did it! You look gorgeous in the before photo- I wouldn't even wear makeup if i looked like that naturally! And wow 4 products, you nailed it! xx

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© monniiblogs. Design by Fearne.