Saturday 21 June 2014

Liebster Award

I was so excited to find out that my lovely friend Monique, from moniquekirsten, nominated my blog for a Liebster Award. Thanks Monique x

First off, the rules are;

1. You must link back to the person who nominated you
2. You must answer the 11 questions given to you by the nominee before you;
3. Pick 11 nominees with under 200 (or 2000 if you want to go with that) followers to answer your 11 questions
4. You cannot nominate the person who nominated you
5. You must let the people you nominate know they have been nominated

Monique's questions were;

1. Dream holiday destination?I would love to go back to England - that was my favourite holiday. Plus, all the amazing make up products at really good prices! I wasn't as into make up then as I am now so I would love to go back, however, to choose somewhere I haven't been I would have to say maybe Italy or France.

2. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Hopefully, touring the world as a tour manager! Dream big, right. But also doing some sort of make up artistry work as I am about to enrol in a certificate of make up and skincare so it would be good to put that to use.

3. Go -to nail polish colour?
This is a difficult question because I don't paint my nails often but, lately, I have been using the pastel/baby blue that I referenced in this previous post. 

4. Who's your celebrity crush?
Okay, so I am a bit in love with Nev from Catfish at the moment! Just his personality on the show and ugh, everything! But also Zac Efron, puberty did well for him and now he just looks amazing! And I was watching That Awkward Moment/Are We Officially Dating (why does it have 2 different names?) last night, and I'm just thinking of his hot bod!

5. Any tattoos/piercings?
No tattoos, but hopefully getting one when I go to Sydney to see a friend in September - so if you are Australian and know a good tattoo artist in Sydney let me know!
As for piercings, I only have my ears pierced but I want to get my nose done although I think it will hurt a bit.

6. Whats your holy grail makeup item?
I mentioned this in my previous post, but the Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream for oily skin is better than anything! Works well as a base, works well as a full coverage product, covers blemishes, controls blemishes, helps my oily T-Zone, just everything!

7. Cats or dogs?
I have a puppy back home with family (admittingly, he isn't a puppy anymore but he definitely acts like one) so I like dogs but I would have to say cats! I just want a kitten already *sad face*

8. What will be your next beauty purchase?
So, I have been contemplating this for a while and I think I will probably go out and buy some more makeup brushes. I love the Real Techniques brushes but they are so expensive in Australia, so I will probably save up and buy a nice set of those brushes. I also want a Clarisonic Mia - but again, money issues. So if you know of an alternative please comment and let me know.

9. Do you have a horrible hair cut experience?
Not a horrible haircut, but a horrible hair colour experience. When I was maybe 16/17 my mum used to dye my hair and one time we decided that it would be 'fun and interesting' to let her put foils in my hair. No. That was a terrible idea. We washed out the bleach/dye and I seriously had a 'mo-hawke' shaped stripe down the middle of my head, it looked terrible and I made my mum go out and buy another pack of hair dye.

10. What makeup item do you have the most of?
I have a lot of mascaras. Most of them are past their 'use-by' date as such, they probably should've been thrown out a few months back but they aren't clumping or anything so why chuck them out. I own about 4 different mascaras, a lengthening one, smokey eye one, plush lashes one and a fibre extension one.

11. Your guilty pleasure?
Oh man, I love One Direction and 5 Seconds of Summer - I know it isn't beauty related but there is something about boy bands that I just kinda, love! Also, 5 Seconds of Summer are Australian and have written songs with Alex Gaskarth (of All Time Low) so they are alright in my books.

My questions are;
1. Do you prefer drugstore makeup or designer brand makeup?
2. What blog do you always check first when you get online?
3. Books or Movies?
4. Favourite beauty Youtuber?
5. Favourite 'out-of-the-ordinary' makeup product?
6. Straight hair or curly hair?
7. The first thing you do when you get in the shower?
8. Do you have any 'before bed' rituals?
9. iPhone or Samsung?
10. Favourite Disney movie?
11. Embarrassing moment?

My nominees;
Laura from Lolly Loves
and anyone else who wants to take part in it.

Once again, thanks Monique (be sure to check out her blog).

monnii
xx




1 comment

  1. Gurl you should check out iherb.com for real techniques brushes, theyre so much cheaper! :) Shipping is only $4 too and if you use the code NNM415 you get $10 off! (Sounds too good to be true right haha) They also have tons of ELF on there at american prices. OH and check out Lauren windsors Instagram, she's an amazing tattoo artist in Sydney :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© monniiblogs. Design by Fearne.