Wednesday 23 November 2016

Mid Week Review - Australis Part II

Well, I am back again with another Australis review. My last Australis review was actually quite popoular, also make sure you catch up on all my previous Mid Week Reviews. This week I am reviewing a foundation that I had been recently using and I think it is one of the most popular Australis foundations, the Oh2Glow foundation.


Australis has marketed this foundation as a light diffusing foundation that has great coverage and provides a natural glow. It has Vitamins A, E and C and Aloe Vera which means it's really hydrating for the skin and I would also like to mention that it is cruelty free and completely vegan! I purchased this from Priceline but you can get Australis from quite a few places here in Australia, or even their website. This foundation retails for $22.95 (AUD) which is pretty standard for drugstore foundations in Australia.

I have been using this foundation for over a month now, and it's been what I use everyday. When I first started using it, I really loved this foundation. I think it is super hydrating and gives an even coverage and nice finish to the skin. Then a few weeks into using it started going really funny on my skin, it would start separating and going patchy which I thought was really weird as I hadn't changed anything.


As for quality, I do think it is a great quality however it doesn't even compare to any of the high end foundations I use like Nars Sheer Glow or Too Faced Born This Way. The only downside is that they don't have a super big range of shades, however they have just released their shade adjusting drops which is going to allow people to get a more accurate match. The consistancy of this foundation is amazing though and it just applies easily.

I love the coverage of this foundation, however I hate using a damp sponge to blend it out. The best way to apply and blend the foundation out is to use a dense kabuki type brush to buff it into the skin. It blends out super well and is super buildable which is good for days where you want a more intense coverage.


As for wear throughout the day it does tend to last a few hours, if you use it with a primer. With this foundation I opted for the Australis primer and setting it with a loose powder, which seemed to help it last through the day, however towards the end it did start to get patchy. I don't know why it was starting to split and go patchy but I think it may have been the heat, as we were getting some quite warm days the past few weeks.

I'm not too sure if it is worth the money - I feel that if you are spending almost $25 on a drugstore foundation you may as well just spend that extra $25 for a high end one. However, if you are looking for that slightly cheaper, vegan alternative this is a good option. You get 28ml, compared to the previously mentioned high end foundations that have 30ml it is good value for money.

Overall, I love this foundation but I don't tend to reach for it on days that I want that long lasting, flawless base minus the patchyness. If you are looking for a good drugstore foundation I do think this is one of the better ones and definitely recommend getting it, or even waiting until Priceline have their sales to get it slightly cheaper. The only thing that I don't like about it is that it goes patchy but I don't think that's the foundations fault as I have only noticed it on the really hot days recently.

Do you use this foundation? What do you think? Do you have any other drugstore recommendations?

 photo monnii_1_zpshopobw1l.png
~ Keep updated and follow me on my socials ~
bloglovin || twitter || instagram || pinterest || facebook

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© monniiblogs. Design by Fearne.