Wednesday 16 November 2016

Mid Week Review - Kylie Cosmetics

I am fairly sure there is hundreds of reviews of these lip kits out there but I really wanted to give you guys my honest review and experience with these popular beauty products.



Liquid lipsticks have definitely become a trend over the past 6-12 months and hopefully you have read my favourite liquid lipsticks post. When Kylie announced she was releasing matte liquid lipsticks I knew I had to grab some, so the two shades I picked up were KoKo K and Exposed. I'll be honest, it took me a while to purchase these as they would sell out so quickly, but I finally got them!


I love these liquid lipsticks, although I have noticed the quality of both these lipkits differs quite a bit, however they are both really nice on the lips. I love KoKo K, it is definitely my favourite colour out of the two. The formula is very creamy and doesn't dry out the lips, however I have had a few issues with the Exposed lipkit. My main concern with this shade is that once it dried it started to flake and peel from my lips. Even when I was just pressing my lips together it would start to peel, which kind of sucks because I end up having to just take it all off.


I don't have any issue with the lip liners. I think they are great. They are very creamy and glide on the lips so well, plus they are super pigmented. You can use them on their own but they really make the liquid lipstick last much longer.

Apart from the issue with Exposed, KoKo K is very long lasting whether you use the lip liner or not. You definitely only need one coat of the liquid lipsticks as it is very pigmented and is true to the colour on the packaging and bottle.


The lipkits cost $29USD which equates to around $38AUD, with shipping adding up to $15USD which is almost $20AUD. I would definitely say that this is a high end price point, so it isn't cheap but the product is great. Considering it was shipping from the US it was quite fast - it took just under 2 weeks to be delivered, which is great.

Considering you get two products, I don't think $38 is that bad for the lipkit, however the shipping cost is a bit extravagent. So, if you are wanting to get these products I'd suggest waiting for when Kylie announce free shipping or discounted shipping.


I would suggest trying out these lipkits if you are a fan of liquid lipsticks. I know that Kylie changed the formula so I could've possibly gotten the old formula of Exposed  hence having issues with the longevity and wear. I have not had any issues with KoKo K so I definitely want to purchase more colours. It is very high quality, doesn't dry out your lips and doesn't get tacky or sticky which is what I love about matte liquid lipsticks.

Let me know what you think about the Kylie Lip Kit and which shades I should get.

 photo monnii_1_zpshopobw1l.png
bloglovin || twitter || instagram || pinterest || facebook

1 comment

  1. I bought Exposed (and Dirty Peach) and found they flaked so badly - I was so disappointed but luckily made back 2/3s of my money selling them on Depop! I haven't tried any of the other shades but I already have so many liquid lipsticks I'm not sure I would want to pay so much/wait ages for them to arrive again

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© monniiblogs. Design by Fearne.