Wednesday 2 November 2016

Mid Week Review - Maybelline

I've been trying to think of a weekly series I could start up and figured that a weekly review would be a good place to start. It's also a way I can share what I've been loving and trying out, besides who doesn't love a good, honest review?

First up, I've recently come to the end of the Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer and can I just say this is a holy grail concealer! It has been featured in quite a few posts recently, mostly favourites which you can see here and here, as well as being listed in my Must Have Beauty Products post.


This concealer has been raved about for years and I only recently was able to try it out and I can safely say that I love it! For a drugstore concealer it can be compared to many high end concealer products and can even be better than the latter. I do think this is a vew high quality product, especially when it is under $20. The only downside is that it is only available in three shades, so for darker complexions it isn't really suitable.

The Priceline website states that it is formulated with Goji berries that helps to reduce puffyness and erase dark circles and fine lines. Admittingly, some days I do have quite puffy eyes and it did help to conceal and reduce their appearance so it's quite effective in that sense, however I found it didn't last the whole day which is kind of a let down. I don't have many fine lines, but it did quite well at hiding them for most of the day, but it isn't something I am super worried about unlike the dark circles.


I love the formula of this concealer! It is a gorgeous creamy consistancy and using the sponge applicator allows the product to go on evenly which is a real plus for me. I tend to use this product under my eyes and to highlight the bridge of my nose, forehead and chin so the sponge allows for easy application on those areas.

This concealer provides amazing coverage, and a little goes a long way. One thing I like in a concealer is one that doesn't crease and go patchy under the eyes which is why I love this one. There is very minimal creasing and if set with a powder it doesn't go patchy or look cakey. The last thing you want is for your undereyes to look cakey.

In Australia, this product retails for $18.95 at Priceline for 5.9ml of product. This is pretty good, as a higher end concealer like Urban Decay Naked Skin which retails for $46 for only 5ml of product. I found this concealer didn't last as long as the Urban Decay one, which could be due to the product not being as thick. Although the sponge applicator is great, I feel that most of the product gets absorbed by the sponge which kinda sucks. Another downside is that there's a small amount of product that get's left behind in the bottom of tube and I have no idea how to open this up to get it out.


Overall, I highly recommend this product. Although it does have some downfalls, I can look past that especially considering how affordable it is for the quality. I haven't rushed out to buy another one as I have recently repurchased the Urban Decay concealer and currently testing out the Too Faced Born This Way concealer, which has been ticked off my wishlist. Both will be included in a Mid Week Review shortly!

Have you tried out this concealer? What do you think?

 photo monnii_1_zpshopobw1l.png
bloglovin || twitter || instagram || pinterest || facebook

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© monniiblogs. Design by Fearne.